Computer Sciences & Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers four year professional under graduate degree and two year post graduate degree focused on the design and implementation of real world systems, and includes an essential grounding in professional engineering skills. These programs allow the students to choose courses from a number of elective subjects offered that cover a wide range of topics in Computer Science & Engineering.
Engineering is a profession which includes the development of a professional approach and the acceptance of professional responsibilities. You will be taught by faculties who are actively engaged in research, who extend the boundaries of knowledge and are passionate about transmitting their excitement about their chosen profession to you. You will get chance to organize several technical and non-technical events in coordination with faculties and exhibit your talent in various areas. Department of Computer Science and Engineering gives you a start for a career that is challenging, rewarding and enjoyable.
Here students are trained with the insight to apply conceptual understanding of core domain areas in Computing as well as enhanced programming skills disseminating their analytical abilities. Our aim is to provide our students the lifelong learning and leadership skills that will enable them to grow in their professions and advance to the positions of responsibility by effective Industry-Institute Interaction.
- Impart quality education to students
- Encourage entrepreneurship skills among students
- Strive for academic excellence in Computer Science & Engineering through a creative Teaching-Learning Process
- To impart to the students, fundamental knowledge in the theory and practice of the core areas of Computer Science, making them fit to pursue higher education or computing as a career.
- To enable the students to apply their knowledge in the identification, design, development, production, configuration, and maintenance of computing systems, for real life problems.
- To enable our students to engage in continuous professional development.
Numerous national and multi-national companies require computer professionals in large numbers for various roles like Software programmer, Hardware Engineer, System Designer, System analysts, Network Engineer, DBA. Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, etc. Working as web developer, and E- commerce specialist with telecommunications companies, automotive companies, aerospace companies, etc. can be a lucrative career option as well.
Computer engineers can get jobs in non-IT companies like universities, research, private and public industries, government departments, business organizations, commercial organizations and the manufacturing sector, etc.