There was a problem loading image ?ui=2&ik=422fad0c33&view=fimg&th=15e2df4181d0d26b&attid=0.0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_15e2df3ea1e5b81f&attbid=ANGjdJ94GU7UCx6vvofhABeQVRjft0EMsfyUz0I6bj-FvnGmL8v9pwAtt2eOD5BGMujb_SYV5WiYnroSs4cOjz0rAkrRt_AE2vCAXd1AueWNwUG_8NsKeHs2U9xfOcM&sz=w642-h908&ats=1504082709235&rm=15e2df4181d0d26b&zw&atsh=1
Mechanical engineering is a discipline of engineering that applies the principles of physics and materials science for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It is the branch of engineering that involves the production and usage of heat and mechanical power for the design, production, and operation of machines and tools. It is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines at SYCET. Major areas of mechanical engineering industry include designing, manufacturing, finding out the strength of materials or the amount of heat transfers or energy conversion, studying solid mechanics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, instrumentation and measurement etc. Mechanical engineers use these core principles along with tools like computer-aided engineering and product lifecycle management to design and analyze manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems, transport systems, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, medical devices and more.
The goal of the Mechanical Engineering department is to prepare students for entry into the Mechanical Engineering profession, and is designed to meet a carefully planned set of educational objectives. We strive to prepare our students for good employability in the area of Mechanical Engineering.
Department had set up State of art Centre of Excellence with latest UNIGRAPHICS NX6, SOLIDEDGE, UG-CAM, UGCAST, UG CAE, NASTRAN software to make the students best fitted for the industry.
“To develop multidimensional, competent, disciplined & ethical mechanical engineers by imparting quality technical education to achieve global recognition.”
- To impart systematic teaching methodologies for the quality education in addition to co-curricular & extra-curricular activities.
- To enhance the practical knowledge of the students through industry – institute interaction.
- To inculcate sensitivity towards society and respect towards nation
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To impart to the students, fundamental knowledge in the theory and practice of the core areas of Mechanical Engineering, making them fit to pursue higher education or computing as a career.
- To enable the students to apply their knowledge in the identification, design, development, production, and maintenance of mechanical systems, for real life problems.
- To enable our students to engage in continuous professional development and to remain current in their field of work.
- To familiarize with the basic manufacturing processes and to study the various tools and equipment used, hands-on training is given in different sections. Essentially student should know the labor involved, machinery or equipment necessary, time required to fabricate and also should be able to estimate the cost of the product or job work.
Department provides excellent academic methodologies for students for providing best Technocrats to the society. Apart from academics Department provides opportunities for students to explore their hidden talent through Seminars/workshops, paper presentation, poster competition etc. Regular Expert lectures from Academia/industry are organized to enhance updated knowledge of students.
Students are guided for their Placement & In-plant training by the Department. Department conduct regular Aptitude Tests for students to update for future career prospectus.