The department of Civil Engineering is a unique storehouse of information on the expertise of faculty, physical infrastructure and facilities available in the department.
Design, build, and oversee major infrastructure
Aspects of everyday life that we take for granted, like roads and the water from our taps, are just the tip of the infrastructure systems that allow societies to operate. You’ll learn to design and manage complex structures and systems like tunnels, airports, buildings, bridges, waterways and water supply, traffic and transportation networks, dams, docks, harbors, railways and wastewater treatment for both urban and rural areas. And the best news? Demand for Civil Engineers is at an all-time high!
World leader in water resources, “green” infrastructure and Structural Engineering
The department offers Graduate and Post graduate programmes. The department has full fledged laboratories offering students the hands on experience and research facility. These laboratories are equipped with modern instruments which meet not only the requirement of the curriculum but helpful in consultancy and research work.
Highly qualified and experienced Professors from Sub Civil Engineering streams will broaden your perspective. You’ll benefit from small classes and leadership opportunities as you learn about the “people” side of engineering – its social, moral, and legal impact.
WHY TO JOIN CIVIL ENGINEERING COURSE:
Civil engineering is the oldest branch of engineering .Since ancient time huge monument, temples, palaces were constructed leading to formation of great civilization like Indus valley, Mesopotamia, Egyptian, Greece etc. Urbanization leads to civilization adapting new system of infrastructure development. This hold true to present world, were ever increasing population needed to be well accommodated in limited urban space. Well planned city with necessary infrastructure facility using latest technology needs well trained civil engineer to executive massive projects. No doubt the demand for civil engineer is soaring, so do the job profile of specialist and super specialist. This branch of engineering need personal for various job profile with continuum from a professional in designing , planning, estimating to corporate requirement for site engineer to project head, from site job of supervision to back office job quantity surveyor, billing etc.
Aspirant with liking for challenges, aptitude for team work, leadership, flair for analysis of qualitative and quantitative work & thirst for knowledge should opt for this course.
A Civil Engineer prosper when civilization prosper. A good civil engineering work contributes immensely to prosperity of civilization and to humanity.
To Excel in Civil Engineering education & to be recognized globally as a reliable and quality conscious educator
- Impart quality education to students.
- Encourage entrepreneurship skills among students.
- Strive for academic excellence in Civil Engineering through a creative learning-teaching process.
- Transform students into technically competent, socially responsible and ethical Civil Engineers.
- Excellence in Civil Engineering profession and higher studies by acquiring knowledge in mathematics, computer and other relevant engineering disciplines.
- Analyze real life problems, design computing systems appropriate to its solutions that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable.
- In-depth and advanced professional knowledge in various areas of civil engineering works including the related ordinances, codes of practices, regulations and standards, and keeping track of the latest trend in the civil engineering profession.
- Exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work in their profession and adapt to current trends by engaging in life-long learning and to prepare the graduates for jobs in construction industry, self employment either as a consultant or any civil engineering service provider contributing to overall being of society, nation and humanity.