The Engineering Science department is the basic building block of all the engineering branches. This department is solely responsible for educating the students in Applied Science (Physics and Chemistry) and Mathematics and also basic subjects in respective engineering branches. Department of Engineering Science offers in depth training for Mathematics and applied science and also encourages them to prepare for the upcoming curriculum subjects in their chosen branches. We are taking more focused and multidimensional efforts to make this foundation of the students as strong as possible. Applied Mathematics mainly focuses on study of mathematical and computational tools applicable in engineering and their use in solving challenging problems in their respective fields. Applied physics and Applied Chemistry provides required science knowledge relevant to all engineering branches. This department also has Applied Science laboratories which support enough research work in fields of physics and chemistry. Besides this department also has Exclusive Computer lab with 60 computers with high speed internet facilities to have students to become computer literate Apart from this all the Communication Skills activities organized in college are arranged through this department. It includes Personality development, enhancement of English language and preparing students for campus recruitment. VISION We aspire to carry forward the vision of our institution and prepare our students for excellence in the learning process and develop a culture of research. MISSION To prepare students in basic sciences and analytic skills,develop their self confidence so that they can utilize their potential to the maximum. PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To develop logical understanding and fundamental skills in student.
- To use the basic knowledge acquired to application of respective fields.
- To develop analytic skill, soft skills, inter-personal skill and self confidence and help students discover their strengths.
- To sensitise students towards environment, society and nature.
- To develop attitude for engineering as a profession.
- Impart quality education to students.
- Encourage entrepreneurship skills among students.
- Strive for academic excellence in Civil Engineering through a creative learning-teaching process.
- Transform students into technically competent, socially responsible and ethical Civil Engineers.
- Excellence in Civil Engineering profession and higher studies by acquiring knowledge in mathematics, computer and other relevant engineering disciplines.
- Analyze real life problems, design computing systems appropriate to its solutions that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable.
- In-depth and advanced professional knowledge in various areas of civil engineering works including the related ordinances, codes of practices, regulations and standards, and keeping track of the latest trend in the civil engineering profession.
- Exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work in their profession and adapt to current trends by engaging in life-long learning and to prepare the graduates for jobs in construction industry, self employment either as a consultant or any civil engineering service provider contributing to overall being of society, nation and humanity.